Custom Search

Friday, September 9, 2011

Old School Friday "Otis Redding"

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!!
Today is the birthday of none other than Mr. OTIS REDDING! Man, he belted out some smooth tunes! Some songs just NEVER get old and Ottis Redding was the singer of MANY OF THEM! Mr. Redding was born in Dawson, Georgia on September 9, 1941 and he died in tragic plane accident in Madison, Wisconsin on December 10, 1967. He was only 26 years old when he died. His song "Sitting On The Dock Of A Bay" was his last recorded song, and it game out in January 1968 (His only #1 hit). The song was actually unfinished because the whistling he did in the song was only a place holder for lyrics to be inserted later, but due to his death he never got the chance to finish it. I was 1 year old when Otis Redding died but I ABSOLUTELY love his music. I can only assume the love of Otis Redding came from my mother playing his music, but oddly enough my mom is not that big of an Otis fan. Hmmm, maybe my dad then??? Well, I do not know where my love of Otis Redding came from but it is in my bones!!
To learn more about Otis Redding (September 9, 1941 – December 10, 1967), go HERE and HERE!
So sit back and Enjoy!!!!

I've Been Loving You Too Long To Stop Now - Otis Redding



These Arms Of Mine - Otis Redding


Pain In My Heart - Otis Redding


Try A Little Tenderness - Otis Redding


Sitting On The Dock Of A Bay - Otis Redding


Happy Birthday OTIS REDDING!
Rest In Peace...


Regina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He passed long before I was born, but like you, my mother played him alot. He's one of my favorite artists. "These Arms of Mine" is my favorite song by him. I can't imagine the career he would had have, had he not died so young.

CCG said...

GOOOOOOOOOD STUFF!!!

HAPPY OSF!!!