Custom Search

Friday, May 20, 2011

Old School Friday "Happy Birthday Shorty Long"

HAPPY OLD SCHOOL FRIDAY!! It is an overcast, dreary Friday but the music plays on!
On this day in music history Mr. Frederick Earl Long (also known as Shorty Long) was born! Shorty Long born in Birmingham, Alabama on May 20, 1940 was an African American singer, songwriter,and producer for Motown. Shorty Long died June 29, 1969 in a boating accident.
Shorty Long is perhaps best known for his 1968 song "Here Comes The Judge". I must admit, I never knew of Shorty Long, and I always thought that FLIP WILSON actually made the song "Here Comes The Judge"! You live and you learn! Rest in Peace Shorty Long! Learn more about Shorty Long HERE!

Here Comes The Judge - Shorty Long


Function At The Junction - Shorty Long


Devil With The Blue Dress On - Shorty Long


Have an awesome weekend!
Tell someone you LOVE them & MEAN IT!


Regina

1 comment:

CCG said...

I LOVE YOU, and I mean it!!!

HAPPY OSF!!!