Custom Search

Friday, May 27, 2011

Old School Friday Gil Scott Heron Dies At 62

The below post from Friday April 1, 2011 is being RE-POSTED in honor of Gil Scott Heron who died today May 27, 2011. He celebrated his 62nd birthday last month but today he took his spoken word and went home to be with the Lord. He will be missed...

April 1, 2011 - Oooo, Yeaaaaa!!! Today is Friday!! Thanking God for my very life!...and for the Beautiful weather! LOL! So for Old School Friday, I am paying homage to Gil Scott Heron who is 62 years old today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIL SCOTT HERON!!! Mr. Heron is an African American Poet, Author, and Musician. He often spoke, wrote and sang about the struggles of African Americans in America. His works are often controversial but always VALID! When I think of spoken word performances I always think of Gill Scott Heron first. I grew up listening to his music and still listen today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GILL SCOTT HERON!!! Continue your fight!

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised - Gil Scott Heron


The Bottle - Gil Scott Heron


I cannot post Gil Scott Heron without posting this next song... It used to make me cry all the time. It doesn't make me cry anymore but my throat does constrict and eyes still get a little moist, but it does make me pause and think of my dad...(RIP Samuel Thomas Spencer, I Love you daddy...)
Your Daddy Loves You - Gil Scott Heron




Happy Old School Friday All!
Love on Someone today!

No comments: