Custom Search

Friday, December 4, 2009

Old School Friday #91 ~Gone But Not Forgotten~!

Happy Friday Everyone! Welcome to Regina's Old School Friday Spot! The music was taking over my other blog so I felt it was only fitting that Old School Friday get it's own place!!
Today is a lovely day for music but then again EVERY DAY is a lovely day for music!!
Today's theme is "GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN"!
You know, every now and then a voice comes along that is so melodious and so beautiful that it just gets stuck in your head and everytime you hear it you get instant beautiful memories! Well, for today's featured artists that is what I get, good memories whenever I hear these two beautiful voices. One is OLD school and one not so old, but both are Gone But Not Forgotten...
Ms Grapevine and MsMarvalus have teamed up to create a meme titled Old School Friday. To join in the Old School Friday Fun go HERE for guidelines. Here are the other OSF Participants:

- Ms Grapevine - Pirouette --

-Marty - iriegal --Hagar's Daughter - Lisa C

- DP - Dallassouth - - The Connoisseur -

- Regina - MsMarvalus - Clnmike - Vivrant Thing

-AJ - Sharon - RevvyRev - Prof. PC - Invisible Woman



-Pop Art Diva - Pjazzypar - MsLadyDeborah -

This first lady has one of the most beautiful voices and unmatched talent I have ever heard. Her voice sounds effortless and reminds me of my childhood!
Poetry Man - Phoebe Snow


This next young lady had a beautiful voice and had talent untapped. She was gone much too soon...
The One I Gave My Heart To - Aaliyah


Miss You - Aaliyah


Happy Friday! Make Today Count...

2 comments:

Marvalus said...

Ahh...you know how I feel about Baby Girl! I was actually tossing around paying tribute to her (and Pac; you know I can't leave Pac out!), but my heart went with MJ...

Excellent! Happy OSF!

Martin Lindsey said...

I never knew who sang Poetry Man. The vocal inflections are truly unique. She can definitely work her voice. Thanks for educating me on this one.

Happy OSF.