Custom Search

Friday, October 30, 2009

Old School Friday #88 ~Songs That Make Me Smile~!

It is Friday again!! Get Your Smile On!!
Time for Old School Friday! The time of the week when I get to roam around the Internet and listen to good music! I LOVE MUSIC!! So Old School Friday is the height of my week. This weeks theme appears to be an easy one in a way because a lot of songs make me smile BUT that is the problem and what makes this theme hard, a LOT of songs make me smile!!! But I'll try to contain myself!!
Today's Old School Friday Theme is:
"Songs That Make Me Smile"

Ms Grapevine and MsMarvalus have teamed up to create a meme titled Old School Friday. To join in the Old School Friday Fun go HERE for guidelines. Here are the other OSF Participants:

- Ms Grapevine - Pirouette --

-Marty - iriegal --Hagar's Daughter - Lisa C

- DP - Dallassouth - - The Connoisseur -

- Regina - MsMarvalus - Clnmike - Vivrant Thing

-AJ - Sharon - RevvyRev - Prof. PC - Invisible Woman



-Pop Art Diva - Pjazzypar - MsLadyDeborah -

For me my childhood was great and a lot of the music from the 70's makes me smile because those songs remind me of what a great childhood had! So here are a few songs that make me smile!

Rock The Boat - The Hues Corporation (1974)


Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas (1974)


Lean On Me - Bill Whithers (1972)


Notable mentions (I try to contain myself to 3 videos but these need to be mentioned)!!
Pick Up The Pieces - Average White Band (1975)
Band On The Run - Paul McCartney & Wings (1973)
Silly Love Songs - Paul McCartney & Wings (1976)

You Can't Knock The 70's!!
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Keith A. Owens said...

Good choices all, but Bill Withers' "Lean On Me" is the one that does it for me. Such a great song.
Thanks! And Happy OSF!

Tha Connoisseur said...

I love ALL of your choices, but I must admit - I broke out in a smile, with my hand up and eyes closed to "Rock The Boat." As a kid, it was one of my favorite songs!!

Vérité Parlant said...

You got in three smiling classics. None of these crossed my mind, and yet each one of your selections is right on.